KSA is excited to welcome Peter J. Van Pelt, AAE, to our Aviation Services group as National Aviation Director. Peter was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri and was fascinated with flight, aircraft, and airmen from a young age. At the age of 14, Peter began flying planes and conducted his first solo flight at 16. His fascination has never wavered.
Peter attended the University of Central Missouri with an initial major of Aviation Technology where he continued flight training and aviation classes. After watching the movie Airport, Peter was intrigued by airport management and the facilities from which they operate. As a result, Peter pioneered the first degree program in Aviation Administration at the University of Central Missouri.
Peter has been involved in every aspect of the airport business and has experienced many firsts in the business as well. As the Founding President of the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association and Co-Founder of the SCC/AAAE Accreditation Academy, Peter brings a vast array of knowledge and expertise with him as he joins KSA.
Peter has managed seven airports in his 21-year management career from the largest of large to the smallest of small. Peter’s primary focus will be expanding KSA's Aviation services within and beyond our established service area. His areas of expertise include airport planning, airport development, operations and management, strategic planning, public outreach and regulatory compliance.
Peter is motivated to help people achieve great things and uses his experiences and expertise to teach and help others find their path. Outside of Peter’s primary responsibilities, he hopes to provide senior support to our airport planning assignments, provide strategic and organizational planning with a focus on client satisfaction and continuouslyexceeding our client's expectations.
- Accredited Airport Executive (AAE)
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Accredited Member
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), Member
- South Central Chapter AAAE, Member
- Northwest Chapter AAAE, Member
- Great Lakes Chapter AAAE, Member
- Board of Directors/American Association of Airport Executives, Past Member
- South Central Chapter AAAE, Past President
- Oklahoma Airport Operators Association, Founding President
- Michigan Association of Airport Executives, Past Second Vice President
- Montana Airport Management Association Member/Missouri Airport Management Association, Past Treasurer
- Colorado Airport Operators Association, Member
- Texas Airport Management Association, Member
- SCC/AAAE Accreditation Academy, Co-Founder
- SCC/AAAE President’s Award, Recipient
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, Member