KSA Engineers, Inc. was hired by the City of Webster (through TDRA) to complete design, bidding, and construction phase services for updates to several lift stations in the sanitary sewer collection system. These stations lost power during Hurricane Ike and became nonfunctional. Generators were considered for the subject lift stations, but the final project included installation of backup diesel powered pumps.
The lift stations and project elements included:
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for Highway 3 Lift Station: 100 Magnolia Street
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for Old Galveston Road Lift Station: 18301 Old Galveston Road
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for Blossom Street Lift Station: 390 Blossom Street
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for Anne Drive Lift Station: 18323 Anne Drive
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for NASA Road 1 Lift Station: 515 East NASA Road 1
- Backup Diesel Powered Pump for Henderson Lift Station: 900 Henderson Avenue
- Lift Station #6 -Harden (raise existing control panel out of storm surge range): 18497 Egret Bay Boulevard
Funding was provided by TDRA – Hurricane Ike Round 1.